Intern Job Position 2018
Del Mar Junior Lifeguard Program Interns are vital to the safety of the Junior Guard Participants and Program as a whole. They are held to very high standards as they are role models for younger children. Interns are chosen yearly through an interview and swim/skills process. About ½ to 2/3 of the Intern staff return to work for the Program a second and third summer!
Intern Position Qualifications
- 3 years experience as a Junior Lifeguard Participant in a JG Program.
- 15 1/2 years old.
- Must be able to swim 500 yds in under 10 minutes.
- Must be able to paddle a rescue board 500 yards without difficulty.
- Possess a current CPR card by June 15, 2018.
- Successfully complete the entire interview process on specified date and time.
NOTE: NO MAKE UP DATES WILL BE HELD!
If you meet the requirements and are interested in interviewing:
- Download an application (Beginning 2018) Please read the information page carefully and follow instructions. Incomplete applications will be returned to applicant. Please feel free to contact Turtle via email with questions if you should have them. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fill out the application NEATLY and include any attachments requested, return to address specified on application.
- When your completed application is received at the specified address a JR Guard Staff Member will call/ email you to set up an interview time. TBA... NO MAKE UP INTERVIEWS WILL BE HELD.
- You may submit an application and interview WITH OUT a valid CPR card but a valid CPR card is needed to start work by June 15, 2018. I will not be offering a CPR class- that is YOUR RESPONSIBILITY!
- On the day of the Interview all applicants will be swimming a 500 yard swim in under 10 minutes at the San Dieguito Boys and Girls Club Pool in Solana Beach. Each Applicant will need to bring $4.00 to pay the pool use fee.
- This is a highly competitive job, not all applicants will be offered a job position with the DMJG Program.
- Please plan ahead, NO MAKE UP INTERVIEWS WILL BE HELD, you must make your scheduled interview time and swim.
- Please feel free to contact the DMJG Staff via email with questions if you should have them. email@example.com
Every part of the application process should be taken care of by the intern applicant, not the applicants parents.