Sign Up for your swim test time here!
NOTE: If your child was a Little Turtle last summer and has graduated to the Junior Lifeguard Program this summer then they MUST take the Junior Guard swim test this year.
The swim test is not to be taken lightly and some preparation before hand such as swim lessons or practicing at your local pool will cut down on the possible stress level of participant and parent on test day.
The DMJG Swim Test:
- Hold breath for 20 seconds underwater.
- Swim 5 yards underwater.
- Tread water for 5 minutes.
- 100 yards crawl stroke swim in under:
- 2 min 30 sec for ages 9-11
- 2 min 20 sec for ages 12-13
- 2 min 10 sec for ages 14-17
IMPORTANT: To participate in the program, all new, FIRST TIME, junior guards must have a completed swim test card on file with the DEL MAR JUNIOR LIFEGUARD PROGRAM.
All First time participants in the Little Turtle Program must take the swim test detailed below and show proof of age in the form of a birth certificate or passport at the time of the test (Little Turtles must be seven years old before the session they wish to enroll in is completed)
The swim test will ask all aspiring Little Turtles to demonstrate that they can:
- Shallow underwater object pickup
- Tread water for 2 minutes
- Swim 50 yards crawl (freestyle) swim stroke under the following time-limits: 3:00 (3 minutes)
SWIM TECHNIQUE CLASS WITH COACH PATTY
Coach Patty is a certified Red Cross WSI instructor, USA Swim Coach, CPR & First Aid Certified in addition to her beach lifeguard training! Coach Patty and her swim assistants will teach LTs/JGs proper stroke technique, body positioning in the water and work on endurance to prepare for LTs/JGs and beyond. JGs and LTs must have basic swim skills to join this class.! Please email email@example.com with any questions.
TO QUALIFY to attend DMJG Swim Technique Class:
- JG/LT must put their face IN the water while swimming
- LTs must be able to swim 1 length of the pool freestyle/crawl stroke
- JGs must be able to swim 2 lengths of the pool freestyle/crawl stroke
- LTs ages 7 & 8
- JGs ages 9-17
Cathedral Catholic High School Poolclick for a map
5555 Del Mar Heights Road
San Diego, CA 92130
- Price: $160 per child per session (three, 40 minute lessons= 1 session)
- No make up dates for missed classes